Jan 11, 2015

Eating Out: Blue Rare Steak at the Keg

I used to ask for my steaks "well done" because thats the way I had always had it growing up when my dad used to make it. 

To learn more about steaks, I recommend reading The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Pan-Seared Steaks

Blue Rare Steak at the Keg

When I first heard of "blue rare", I imagined a piece of meat on a plate that was still bleeding. However, the blue rare steak when done right is quite tender and delicious. Its seared on the outside, but not as juicy as a rare steak. Internal temperature of 115 degrees Fareinheit, so its still a bit warm when you eat it. I personally loved it and will probably order my steaks this way in the future. I'm not sure if I'm ready yet to be able to cook steaks on my own this way. 


See hilarious diagram from google here: 








Billy Miner's Pie

Billy MIner's Pie is a Keg favourite and is a Mocha ice cream with chocolate crust on hot fudge, caramel and almonds. A "light" dessert when split between two and great follow-up to steak.




No comments:

Post a Comment