Based off decoration/garnishing instructions from Canadian Living's Speckled Easter Egg Chocolate Cake. I used the Ultimate Chocolate cake recipe (no eggs, no milk and super rich!), along with the classic vanilla buttercream.
Scroll down for more pictures and instructions:
Directions
Part 1: Robin Egg Blue Icing
I used my classic vanilla buttercream recipe and added Wilton's "Teal" food colouring (you can add a little bit of "royal blue" food colouring to make it slightly more blue) but I found this gave me such a good colour, I was very happy with it.
Part 2: Chocolate Speckle
Mix together 1 tsp of cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of vanilla extract. Mix together and use the end of paint brush (or in my case chopstick) and start tapping the cake in different areas to create that "speckled" look.
Refrigerate the cake for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate specks to cool completely.
Part 3: Nests with Eggs
You will need "Cadbury Flake" or milk chocolate that you can shave. Get the small Pastel coloured Cadbury Mini Eggs. You only need two small packets.
I used extra icing to prop the cadbury eggs in place.
I arranged them around the edge of the cake:
Cut up the cadbury flake, and arrange around in nests:
Packing up to bring it into work tomorrow :)





















No comments:
Post a Comment